Lake Charles Car Accident Attorney | Lake Charles Truck Accident Attorney | Lake Charles Van Accident Attorney
Lake Charles Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents are one of the most common types of personal injury in the United States and, locally, in the Greater Lake Charles area. Many Lake Charles residents depend on cars to get to school and work, to buy groceries, and to get around generally. Even those who walk or rely on other modes of transportation can be struck by a drunk or distracted driver. The unfortunate truth is that almost every person, no matter how careful, is involved in a vehicle accident at some point in life. This is especially true in the Lake Charles area, which is the fifth largest city in Louisiana and considered a tourism hotspot, as well as an epicenter for festivals, hosting some 75 festivals annually. These factors, combined with an ever-growing population suggest that traffic in and around Lake Charles can be very dangerous at times.
When Do You Need a Lake Charles Car Accident Attorney?
While not every car accident creates a need for a car accident attorney, auto accident lawyers become necessary when an accident causes major injuries which require medical attention or leave you unable to go about your daily routine. In these cases, retaining a Lake Charles, Louisiana car accident lawyer can help protect your legal rights and ensure that you and your family receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
If you or a loved one has suffered a car accident or other type of injury from a Lake Charles auto, truck, van, or bus and any of the above factors are present, then you should retain a Lake Charles car accident attorney immediately.
You should call an experienced Lake Charles auto accident attorney when your injuries are severe enough that:
- You will be unable to work or will lose wages for a significant amount of time; or
- The car accident caused disfigurement; or
- You are caused to suffer long-term or permanent pain; or
- You have suffered a “loss of consortium” as a result of an automobile injury to your spouse. Please note that loss of consortium claims encompass all negative effects on the martial relationship, including loss of love, affection, support, companionship and sexual relations.
Why Do You Need a Lake Charles Auto Accident Lawyer?
Every state, including Louisiana, requires car owners to purchase automobile accident insurance. However, car insurance companies are known for trying to pay the lowest amount possible for claims, even when their customers have made payments on time for years. Unfortunately, insurance is a business. In order to make a profit, they need to collect as many premiums as possible while paying the lowest amount of claims possible.
Southwestern Louisiana car crash lawyers handle car accident cases, motorcycle accidents, and commercial truck accidents throughout the Lake Charles area and in all areas of Calcasieu Parish. Additionally, they represent drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and bicyclists who have suffered an injury in a Southwestern Louisiana traffic accident where another driver may have been at fault. The legal term for this type of fault is “negligence.” If the negligence of another driver has caused you or a family member to suffer an injury in the Lake Charles area, you may be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. If the driver of the other vehicle was intoxicated, you may even be able to recover punitive damages. Call a Lake Charles car accident attorney to discuss your options today.
Additionally, Louisiana has laws that differentiate Louisiana auto accident claims from those in other states. Louisiana allows the injured party to sue the other driver’s insurance company directly, without suing the other driver at all. This is called a direct action. Juries are often willing to give higher awards in these cases because the money is coming from a corporation and not another driver. However, the insurance companies are aware of this, so they have experienced lawyers on their side. To navigate the legal system and obtain the compensation you deserve, you need an experienced Lake Charles vehicle accident lawyer.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a Lake Charles auto accident, you should:
- Call 911 for an ambulance for all injured persons;
- As soon as you are able, call a Lake Charles car accident lawyer;
If you, a family member, or friend are taken away by a Lake Charles ambulance, you can later get information at:
Lake Charles Fire Department
4200 Kirkman Street, Lake Charles, LA 70607
If your car was towed and stored in the City of Lake Charles, try calling:
Lake Charles Police Department: (337) 491-1456
- If you think that a manufacturing or design defect in a vehicle led to the accident, contact a Lake Charles Products Liability Lawyer.
Other reasons to retain an Auto Accident lawyer from Lake Charles or Southwestern Louisiana:
- In Louisiana, legal minimum of liability insurance is $10,000.00, meaning that an injured party normally will need to sue both a driver and an insurance company, so an experienced Lake Charles accident attorney will work hard to get you the compensation you deserve;
- You need an experienced Louisiana car accident law firm to fight for your rights because the auto insurance company has no reason do that;
- A Lake Charles, Louisiana vehicle accident lawyer can help you make sure all of your injuries are addressed by recommending doctors and helping you pay for medical expenses by recovering costs from the party who injured you;
- You need a Southwestern Louisiana car accident lawyer to get and preserve vital scene evidence and immediately retain experts, called accident reconstructionists, who recreate exactly how the accident occurred for the purposes of trial and legal settlements;
- If there may be evidence of alcohol and/or drugs that played a role in the cause of the accident, it is important information that your attorney can help preserve and document;
- Your Louisiana car accident attorney will make sure that your automobile’s damage is properly assessed and that you get all the money coming to you that you should;
- You need a Lake Charles car accident attorney to get all your monies due from your own insurance company such as Personal Injury Protection (PIP) or Med-Pay coverages;
- You need a Lake Charles car accident attorney to find all layers of insurance coverage such as excess levels of coverage;
- In Louisiana, the statute of limitations is one (1) year from the date of the accident and you need a car accident lawyer to make sure that your statute of limitations time limit does not expire and that your lawsuit is timely filed to protect your rights;
- You need a Lake Charles auto accident attorney to help you select the best venue, or court location, to file your lawsuit.
- You need an experienced Lake Charles personal injury lawyer to help you find everyone who might be responsible for your injury, from unlicensed drivers who flee the scene to fleet drivers at a large company;
- If you received a ticket when you really should not have, a trained injury lawyer can represent you regarding that ticket to make sure that you are protected from a claim of contributory negligence;
- You need a car accident lawyer to make sure that all your damages are compensated, including lost wages, loss of future earning capacity, past and future pain and suffering, past and future mental anguish, past and future impairment or physical restrictions, past and future disfigurement from burns or scars; and
- Finally, when a case is properly prosecuted by an experienced Lake Charles car accident lawyer, the insurance company may “see the light” and will generally offer you what the value of your claim is actually worth in a settlement.
For all these reasons, you should not hesitate to retain an experienced Lake Charles automobile accident lawyer near you to help you pursue claims related to an injurious car, truck, bus, or van accident.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident in the Lake Charles area or anywhere in Calcasieu Parish, Southwestern Louisiana, or surrounding areas, please contact one of the experienced Lake Charles auto accident law firms listed on this page.
Helpful Resources for Lake Charles Residents
Hospitals in the greater Lake Charles area:
Christus Health Southwestern Lousiana
Dubuis Hospital of Lake Charles
Lake Charles Memorial Hospital
W. O. Moss Regional Medical Center
Women & Children's Hospital
Iowa Health Center
Cornerstone Hospital of Southwest Louisiana
West Calcasieu Cameron Hospital
Lake Charles Area Automobile & Tire Repair
Midas Lake Charles
Sears Auto Center
Delta World Tire
Lightning Lube & Tire
Lake Charles Area Car Rental Services
Budget Truck Rental - Lake Charles
Avis Rent-A-Car - Lake Charles Regional Airport
National Car Rental
AAA Auto Rental
Lake Charles Emergency Services Contact Information
Lake Charles Police Department
Lake Charles Fire Department
Louisiana State Police (Highway Patrol)
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development
Lake Charles Emergency Management
Some of the streets and highways in Lake Charles where accidents frequently occur include:
The more information you can provide your Lake Charles Car Crash Attorney with, the better your chances of recovery.
Lake Charles Taxi Services
Home Bound Taxi
A1 Dependable Taxi
Big Red Taxi
Lake City Taxi
Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings
Drunk driving is the cause of many accidents in Lake Charles. Contact Alcoholics Anonymous for help if you, a friend, or family member has an alcohol problem or frequently drinks and drives.
Contact a Lake Charles Auto Accident Attorney Today to Preserve Your Rights!
Serving clients throughout Southwestern Louisiana, including Carlyss, Holmwood, Iowa, Lake Charles, Moss Bluff, Port of Lake Charles, Sulphur, Westlake, and other communities in Calcasieu Parish.
To find a Lake Charles Car Crash Lawyer, consult the list of qualified attorneys at the top of this page. The lawyers listed there are trained, licensed attorneys with Car Accident Injury experience who can help you get the justice you deserve.